[cmake-developers] kwsysProcess threadsafety

Sebastian Holtermann seblist at xwmw.org
Sat Jan 6 02:31:26 EST 2018

> > 2) Use libuv instead

I just saw the libuv library in the CMake sources.

> libuv for process management is on the list. I think it is waiting for
> porting to all of CMake's platforms to actually happen.

Does that mean it's only there for some specific scenarios and shouldn't
be used in general?

> I'm seeing this PR hung up on process:
>
>     https://github.com/libuv/libuv/pull/1527
>
> I don't know how much followup work there is. I thought there was a
> CMake issue tracking it, but I don't see one.

IIUC this is about the CPU affinity for child processes?
Looks nice, but in AUTOMOC/UIC it's sufficient to just known which child
processes are running and to get a notification when one has finished.
I think that this level of control is available in libuv already.

Sebastian