[cmake-developers] Cmake-server question

Tobias Hunger tobias.hunger at gmail.com
Thu Feb 15 04:28:57 EST 2018

On Wed, Feb 14, 2018 at 7:27 PM, Rich Chiodo via cmake-developers
<cmake-developers at cmake.org> wrote:
> This would require backtraces, I believe, on every property so you can trace
> all the properties back to where they’re defined. I need this too for Visual
> Studio to support adding files as well.

I disagree: Using backtraces for this is a pretty ugly hack!

IDEs should not need to examine backtraces for a simple and common
task like adding files to a target! Ideally server-mode would have a
way to ask cmake where to add a source into a target and that will
then tell you the file/line/column to add the file into.

Best Regards,
Tobias