[cmake-developers] Proposal: Support more protoc options in FindProtobuf

Peter Mitrano mitranopeter at gmail.com
Tue Sep 19 19:50:33 EDT 2017

Currently, the FindProtobuf.cmake file defines a bunch of super useful
functions that invoke protoc on the users behalf, such as
PROTOBUF_GENERATE_SELF_DESCRIBING_CPP. As far as I can tell, there is no
way to add any of protoc's useful flags, like --descriptor_set_out. I would
propose that these functions accept a list of flags to call protoc with.

Does this sound reasonable? Would this be something I could contribute?

Thank you,
-Peter Mitrano