[cmake-developers] Need more information concerning the Trilinos test of CMake

Alan W. Irwin irwin at beluga.phys.uvic.ca
Tue Oct 24 17:47:10 EDT 2017

Hi Brad:

While waiting for your reply to my question concerning how to specify
bootstrap script options, I decided to not specify those additional
options for my initial try.  I submitted that (Experimental) test by hand using

ctest -S <full pathname of my_dashboard.cmake> -V >& ctest.out1.

The result (which was a build error) is given at
<https://open.cdash.org/viewBuildError.php?buildid=5114481>.

Since I essentially never get CMake build errors when building
CMake by hand using the bootstrap method, I assume these build
errors are due to some issue with how I set up my_dashboard.cmake.

Here is the full text of that file:

________________
# Client maintainer: airwin at users.sourceforge.net
set(CTEST_SITE "raven home computer")
set(CTEST_BUILD_NAME "Linux-gcc")
#set(CTEST_BUILD_CONFIGURATION Debug)
set(CTEST_CMAKE_GENERATOR "Unix Makefiles")

# Additional variables to set before include:
set(dashboard_model Experimental)
set(CTEST_BUILD_FLAGS -j4)

include(${CTEST_SCRIPT_DIRECTORY}/cmake_common.cmake)
________________

The above -V results from ctest had very little detail about the
build error.  If you don't see anything obvious I should change in
my_dashboard.cmake, would you like me to run ctest -S again with
-VV?

For what it is worth, another difference with how I normally build
cmake is I specified (by accident) the environment variables

CXXFLAGS=-O3 -fvisibility=hidden -Wuninitialized
CFLAGS=-O3 -fvisibility=hidden -Wuninitialized

for this build while for my normal builds I just use -O3 for both flags.

Also, as you can see above I did not specify
CTEST_BUILD_CONFIGURATION, but unlike normal builds it appears for
this script that the Debug configuration is the default.  How do I
turn that off?

Alan
Alan W. Irwin