[cmake-developers] [Qt-creator] CMake daemon for user tools

Nikolaus Demmel nikolaus at nikolaus-demmel.de
Mon Mar 28 22:15:53 EDT 2016

Hi Stephen,

> On 03/25/2016 09:25 AM, Tobias Hunger wrote:
>> I am personally rather unsure about how to proceed. I can help make
>> this branch production/merge ready, but I do not want to maintain it
>> indefinitely after it is merged. It touches to many CMake internals
>> for me to be comfortable hacking on that code.
>
> Yes, this lack of interest in general in maintaining it upstream is
> currently a demotivator. I think we need a group of people interested in
> doing that.
>
> Brad/Ben, no response since I posted the blog or the code. Any word of
> interest in any of it?

I just wanted to let you know that I think these additions have huge potential. Too much time is spent debugging cmake with `message(…)`.

Unfortunately I currently do not have any capacity to join the effort, sorry. So all I can say is, keep it up! If you can get this to a useable state (hopefully with the help of others), it will be very useful indeed.

Cheers,
Nikolaus