[cmake-developers] [CMake 0016030]: CMAKE_ASM_NASM_COMPILE_OBJECT lacks <INCLUDES>

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Fri Mar 25 14:28:20 EDT 2016

On 03/25/2016 01:46 PM, Gregor Jasny via cmake-developers wrote:
> Does anyone see a reason to *not* prepend all <FLAGS> with a <INCLUDES>?

I'm not particularly familiar with the ASM tooling landscape but
that prepend step is exactly what was done for all other languages
in commit v3.4.0-rc1~342^2 (Factor an <INCLUDES> placeholder out
of <FLAGS> in rule variables, 2015-07-13):

  Factor an <INCLUDES> placeholder out of <FLAGS> in rule variables
  https://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=c736de7b

Since prior to that change the -I flags were included in <FLAGS>
I think leaving ASM changes out of the commit was an oversight.