[cmake-developers] CTest custom HTML

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Mon Mar 14 10:58:42 EDT 2016

On 03/14/2016 05:13 AM, Charles Huet wrote:
> If the CTest parser parsed the output as XML and not simple text, it should be
> able to recognize CDATA from actual markup.
[snip]
> If you don't think this is doable (or you don't want to integrate this kind
> of behavior into CTest) we'll customize CDash and I'll stop badgering you about this.
>
> But I'd rather do this as a last resort.

I'm sorry but I don't want to introduce any special interpretation of test
output beyond the hooks that are already present.  In principle the test
output is just plain text and the fact that it could be interpreted as
XML or JSON or some other markup is not CTest's business.  It is encoded
in Test.xml for submission to CDash or some other similar system with
all escaping needed to communicate the real test output to that system.