[cmake-developers] CTest custom HTML

Charles Huet charles.huet at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 05:13:42 EDT 2016

>You could use DartMeasurementFile to upload arbitrary
files with the CTest submission, and then teach CDash what to do with
them.

Hmm, this sounds to me like too much custom logic would be in CDash, which
would never make it upstream, and we have bad experiences maintaining this
kind of patch sets.

>I'd prefer not to add yet another dependency (on xslt).
Yeah, I guessed this would be your answer, it makes sense.

I have had another, simpler (?) idea that would fit everybody's
requirements.
If the CTest parser parsed the output as XML and not simple text, it should
be able to recognize CDATA from actual markup.
Thus replacing the special chars could be done when reading, and the
cmCtestTestHandler::GenerateDartOutput() function could be adapted
easily(?) to write the read XML.

I'm not sure how feasible this would be, but this sounds like the best way
to integrate custom XML in a CTest report.

If you don't think this is doable (or you don't want to integrate this kind
of behavior into CTest) we'll customize CDash and I'll stop badgering you
about this.

But I'd rather do this as a last resort.

Thanks