[cmake-developers] can't upgrade cmake 2.8 on CentOS

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Tue Jun 21 14:59:20 EDT 2016

On 06/21/2016 02:25 PM, Thomas Beaudry wrote:
> in the root directory I see the following directories:
>   bin  doc  man  share
> I tried doing a "make && make install" or a "cmake ."

Those are prebuilt binaries.  You don't need to build anything.
You can run `bin/cmake` right out of the extracted tree.

> How should i go about upgrading my version of cmake?

If you prefer to build from source you can download
`cmake-3.5.2.tar.gz` from the download page where you
got the binaries.  There is a README.rst file that explains
how to build: `./bootstrap && make && make install`.