[cmake-developers] can't upgrade cmake 2.8 on CentOS

Thomas Beaudry tmtg at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 21 14:25:33 EDT 2016

Hi,

I am trying to upgrade my cmake 2.8 on CentOS.  I have tried unsuccessfully installing both versions 3.4.3 and 3.5.2  (i tried using both the .sh and .tar.gz).

After downloading and unzipping, in the root directory I see the following directories:

bin  doc  man  share

I tried doing a "make && make install"  or a "cmake ."  but i get the following error:

CMake Error: The source directory "/data/opt/cmake/cmake-3.4.3-Linux-x86_64" does not appear to contain CMakeLists.txt.

How should i go about upgrading my version of cmake?

Thanks In advance!
Thomas