[cmake-developers] speed up package with mingw on Windows host

laurent laurent at mbdsys.com
Mon Jun 20 19:55:45 EDT 2016

I’m looking at platforms which need rpath rewrite. Maybe I’m wrong but I imagine that the patch will be more complicated (and my knowledge of cpack architecture is limited).

Why not activate this optimisation only for mingw32, cause the main problem is cpack with mingw32 is unusable for the moment ?

Majority of Windows installers place multiple executables and libraries inside the same folder, so maybe we can forget about *granular* get_prerequisites ?

Optimisation should be deactivated by default (this way cpack will have the same behavior as earlier version and will not break previous projects)

My 2 cents ...

Laurent