[cmake-developers] speed up package with mingw on Windows host

Ben Boeckel ben.boeckel at kitware.com
Mon Jun 20 17:40:38 EDT 2016

On Mon, Jun 20, 2016 at 23:05:11 +0200, laurent wrote:
> I mean dependencies will be marked as *analysed* at global scope.
>
> Is cpack able to pack 2 binaries at the same time ?

Concurrently, no. In a single invokation, yes (though it is still just
one package).

> Maybe i could suffix GET_PREREQUISITES_ANALYZED with something unique
> to the current main target (get_prerequisites has an argument called
> exepath )
>
> Do you have some advices ?

Multiple executables might go into the same package and amortizing
looking at common libraries that way would be useful. I think a new
keyword to get_prerequisites along the lines of "PACKAGE_GROUP" or
something would be useful for those that need such things (with it
defaulting to "default" or something).

--Ben