[cmake-developers] daemon-mode: Project structure

Tobias Hunger Tobias.Hunger at qt.io
Fri Jun 10 11:24:10 EDT 2016

On Fr, 2016-06-10 at 10:41 -0400, Brad King wrote:
> On 06/10/2016 10:28 AM, Tobias Hunger wrote:
> > Any pointers on how to get to that information? Any example code that gets
> > the
> > artifact list?
> >
> > I do not think this information is particularly worthwhile to add, but am
> > open
> > to change this.
>
> An "artifactDirectory" field is not appropriate because there can be more
> than one artifact per target, and in different directories.  What is it
> that an IDE might want to do with this information?  If nothing, we could
> just drop it for now.

I need the path to executables that get built as well as directories that
libraries (dlls in windows) end up in, so that I can set up the environment for
the executables in such a way that they find their libraries.

> The cmGeneratorTarget::GetFullName method will give you the name of the
> "main" file for a target.  Passing `implib = true` will give the DLL
> import library path on platforms where IsDLLPlatform returns true.

I would have never found that!

I'll change the code to list both the main artefact and the implib (if
applicable).

Best Regards,
Tobias

--
Tobias Hunger, Senior Software Engineer | The Qt Company
Geschäftsführer: Mika Pälsi, Juha Varelius, Mika Harjuaho. Sitz der