[cmake-developers] CMake daemon-mode

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Tue Jun 7 10:48:48 EDT 2016

On 06/07/2016 10:42 AM, Tobias Hunger wrote:
> On Mo, 2016-06-06 at 13:24 -0400, Brad King wrote:
>> We should be able to refactor things to share the flags computation.
>> Methods like
>>
>>   cmLocalGenerator::GetTargetFlags
>
> Does this patch here make sense:
>
> https://github.com/hunger/CMake/commit/124f8295bee0c228b79a5cf38f0b2581be308118
>
> It passes the configuration to GetTargetFlags instead of forcing it to the build
> type. Since I may end up with different configurations in the project structure,
> I think this is necessary.

Yes.  Previously that method was only called in single-configuration
generators so it could look up the CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE directly.  In
multi-config generators that variable is meaningless and instead they
iterate over CMAKE_CONFIGURATION_TYPES.

When you have a few such independent refactoring changes done
we can look at integrating them immediately to avoid holding
them externally in your daemon topic for too long.