[cmake-developers] CMake daemon-mode

Daniel Pfeifer daniel at pfeifer-mail.de
Tue Jun 7 05:42:15 EDT 2016

On Mon, Jun 6, 2016 at 7:24 PM, Brad King <brad.king at kitware.com> wrote:
> On 06/06/2016 11:39 AM, Tobias Hunger wrote:
>
>> A big chunk of Stephen's work has not even landed in my branch yet. Since cmake
>> reformated all the source in the meantime it is a bit tedious to apply patches
>> from his tree and I have simply not yet needed the changes as I did not venture
>> where he went yet.
>
> See commit v3.6.0-rc1~54^2~2 (82df6deaaf).  Its commit message explains
> how to rebase across the style transition.  If you rebase the original
> "cmake-daemon" branch on that then we can rewrite the style to make
> cherry-picking later easier.

When I rebased my own branches across the style transiton, I found the
process quite straight forward.
I can help with the style transition if someone rebases to 82df6deaaf.

When I tried to rebase steve's work, it was not the style transition
but changes like the following that I struggled with:
https://github.com/Kitware/CMake/commit/563bf9dd8a207e04697a92d8bcd239f52400b355

cheers, Daniel