[cmake-developers] CMake Daemon blog

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 17:04:06 EST 2016

Taylor Braun-Jones wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 30, 2016 at 2:06 AM, Stephen Kelly
> <steveire at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I've just pushed the daemon code here:
>>
>>  https://github.com/steveire/cmake/tree/cmake-daemon
>>
>> The Kate plugin should soon appear here I think:
>>
>>  https://quickgit.kde.org/?p=scratch%2Fskelly%2Fcmakekate.git
>
> Thanks for sharing, Stephen! Do you plan to also share the standalone
> Qt-based editor/client as well (cmake-browser)? That would be
> immediately useful to me and allow me to more easily test drive all
> this work that you've done.

I've deliberately not pushed that yet because it would put the wrong focus
on the conversation:

* It doesn't need a test drive because I know it is limited by the daemon
* The focus needs to be on the implementation of the daemon first to make
that work better. That can be done by anyone determined enough to paste some
things into the stdin.

For more see

 http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.programming.tools.cmake.devel/15740
 http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.programming.tools.cmake.devel/15741