[cmake-developers] install(EXCLUDE_FROM_ALL) new feature - request for comment

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Thu Feb 4 12:59:16 EST 2016

On 02/04/2016 04:55 AM, Nick Lewis wrote:
> I am not familiar with git format-patch

After committing locally just run

 git format-patch HEAD~1..

to construct the patch file.  The "~1" specifies the number of
commits to go back (via first-parent) and include in the series.

> make use of the attached patch for ​​Help/command/install.rst

Thanks.  I integrated that in to my revised form of the topic.
I've merged it to 'next' for testing again:

 install: Add EXCLUDE_FROM_ALL option (#14921)
 https://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=18ce97c4

 Tests: Add cases for install() command EXCLUDE_FROM_ALL option
 https://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=d321c196

 Help: Add notes for topic 'install-EXCLUDE_FROM_ALL'
 https://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=586e56d0

Please look at extending the tests added by the second commit
to cover more install() command signatures.