[cmake-developers] Tag signature with expired key

Alan W. Irwin irwin at beluga.phys.uvic.ca
Tue Dec 13 02:26:23 EST 2016

> Speculation: the key was renewed locally, but those things have not
been uploaded to the keyservers.

Hi Eike:

The explanation was similar to your above speculation but not quite.
:-) I had not refreshed my local keyring from the keyservers recently.
When I did that refresh (inspired by your speculation), the expired
key "problem" was solved.

So sorry for the noise, but nevertheless there is a useful gpg lesson
to be learned here.  After keys expire they can be renewed (which I
didn't realize before) rather than having to generate a whole new key.
So that means I (or anybody else) should always execute "gpg
--refresh-keys" before complaining about expired keys!

Alan
Alan W. Irwin