[cmake-developers] toolset Clang with Microsoft CodeGen (v140_clang_c2) debug is broken

Forumer 4umer forumer at smartmobili.com
Fri Aug 12 09:05:36 EDT 2016

Hi,

I have tested cmake 3.6.1 with the last release of the clang platform by
Microsoft (v140_clang_c2)
and nothing has changed. By default cmake generates wrong projects with
this toolset.
So could we fix it step by step:

In the next release of cmake could you please remove the
-gline-tables-only (and maybe all the additional arguments you provide
because Microsoft don't add them
when using Visual to generate projects)

Then if you have time please Disable Optimizations in Debug

and finally please set DebugInformationFormat for debug configurations.

For now I have to manually fix all my projects everytime I regenerate
them and it's not very funny.

Thanks