[cmake-developers] Help with diagnosing dashboard failure

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Wed Sep 23 11:34:32 EDT 2015

On 09/22/2015 05:03 PM, Stephen Kelly wrote:
> A few days ago I merged a commit which moves the construction of
> cmLocalGenerator objects.
>
>  http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=a3aa333d
>
> It fails on the RunCMake.try_compile test on several dashboards in the
> CMP0056 test at the end where the policy is set to NEW.
[snip]
> I am unable to reproduce the problem.

I'm able to reproduce it on 64-bit Linux with the Unix Makefiles
generator.  However, I cannot do it with just a3aa333d.  The
test failures reported on the dashboard a few days ago were
actually using this version:

 Merge topic 'fix-max-path-initialization' into next
 http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=2cdc6d09

That topic includes 26cae90b, a revision of a3aa333d, followed
by several more changes.  The merge base of that topic does not
fail but the head of the topic does.  Within the topic the problem
bisects to:

 cmGlobalGenerator: Create local generator after configuring the makefile.
 http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=d3f6ff43

Can you reproduce it with that version?