[cmake-developers] Help with diagnosing dashboard failure

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 17:03:15 EDT 2015

Hi,

A few days ago I merged a commit which moves the construction of
cmLocalGenerator objects.

 http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=a3aa333d

It fails on the RunCMake.try_compile test on several dashboards in the
CMP0056 test at the end where the policy is set to NEW.

I didn't see an obvious pattern of which dashboards fail. I am unable to
reproduce the problem. I can not see any reason for the problem.

If you can reproduce the problem, please assist in debugging that. Simply
cherry-pick the a3aa333d commit, build and run the RunCMake.try_compile
CMP0056 test. If it fails, please investigate why it fails. For example:

1) Is the policy correctly determined to be NEW in cmCoreTryCompile.cxx?

2) Is the CMAKE_EXE_LINKER_FLAGS correctly generated in the CMakeLists
generated for the try_compile?

3) etc