[cmake-developers] CPack/NSIS is broken after extended length paths fix

Dmitry Kochkin cooch at mail.ru
Fri Sep 18 08:07:44 EDT 2015

 Hi Clinton,

I was looking into an issue that we have in CMake on Windows with extended paths and later on realized that you've fixed it.
However I've realized that you fixed it only in cmSystemTools, which fixes e.g. INSTALL, but does not fix cpack.

Actually it's even worse because in current master HEAD I can see that INST_DIR is empty in generated project:
  !define INST_DIR ""
(not sure if that's caused by your change)

I've figured out that NSIS was not going to fix this (see  http://sourceforge.net/p/nsis/feature-requests/241/ )
I've made a small patch to NSIS generator and template to put infamous \\?\ there.

I can send directly to you as I guess you know more about these parts of code.

Best regards,
Dmitry Kochkin