[cmake-developers] Allow ALIAS of IMPORTED targets

Michael Scott michael.scott250 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 12 17:48:48 EDT 2015

Hi,

I'm planning on having a look at the CMake issue "Allow ALIAS of
IMPORTED targets", 0015569. After reading the thread between yourself
and Marc, I wanted to ask a couple of things before I start going
further with it.

The proposed change would be for the add_library and add_executable
commands only right?

Having a quick look at the code for those two commands, they
specifically check for a combination of ALIAS and IMPORTED and don't
allow it. I'm guessing that the required changes to allow both
simultaneously wouldn't be to just remove this check, there would be
other areas to modify as well right?

Cheers,
Michael