[cmake-developers] [CMake 0015740]: NetBSD: curses compatibility

Mantis Bug Tracker mantis at public.kitware.com
Sat Sep 12 12:45:47 EDT 2015

The following issue has been SUBMITTED.
Reported By:                Thomas Klausner
Assigned To:
Project:                    CMake
Issue ID:                   15740
Category:                   CMake
Reproducibility:            always
Severity:                   minor
Date Submitted:             2015-09-12 12:45 EDT
set_field_buffer on NetBSD, see
http://netbsd.gw.com/cgi-bin/man-cgi?set_field_buffer++NetBSD-current, and
Solaris, see
https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E36784_01/html/E36880/set-field-buffer-3curses.html,
has as third argument "char *" while ncurses has "const char *".

I don't know if one is more correct than the other.

Steps to Reproduce:
Build on NetBSD (or presumably on Solaris).

Additional Information:
The attached patch casts the const away to fix the build on NetBSD.
I think this shouldn't cause trouble with ncurses, but let me know if it does.

Issue History
Date Modified    Username       Field                    Change