[cmake-developers] use-correct-rcc-command-option topic

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 16:25:20 EDT 2015

Brad King wrote:

> On 10/27/2015 02:55 PM, Stephen Kelly wrote:
>> I wanted to stick my pin in the map on this as the person
>> who wrote the feature :).
>
> As the person that wrote this feature I expect you to maintain it, please.

My idea of maintaining the feature included not adding conditionals for
versions of Qt replaced years ago by newer Qt minor releases.

Years ago people used the qt5_add_resources macro, and as far as I'm
willing/able to put time into, a programmer writing new code in 2015 based
on Qt 5.1 can do that too.

This seems to be where you want things to be different, but I'm not going to
test Qt 5.1 or do new work for supporting it :).

I'm also not going to add new automoc support for Qt 3, even though that is
equally as supported (by upstream and by cmake) as Qt 5.1 is.

I think we understand each other, but we don't agree with each other. So,
maybe that's the right point to drop this discussion thread :).