[cmake-developers] [CMake 0015812]: Generator expressions to support test properties

Mantis Bug Tracker mantis at public.kitware.com
Tue Oct 27 15:29:49 EDT 2015

The following issue has been SUBMITTED.
https://public.kitware.com/Bug/view.php?id=15812
Reported By:                Chris Green
Assigned To:
Project:                    CMake
Issue ID:                   15812
Category:                   CMake
Reproducibility:            N/A
Severity:                   feature
Date Submitted:             2015-10-27 15:29 EDT
As part of a function (cet_test()) to define a test, I invoke add_test(), which
invokes a test wrapper script which needs to know the correct return code to use
if requirements are not satisfied for the test. The invoker of the cet_test()
function may set the SKIP_RETURN_CODE property on the test, and I need to be
able to take account of that. If we were talking about target properties, I
could quite happily say $<TARGET_PROPERTY:TGT,PROP> as part of the COMMAND
definition to add_test(). There does not appear to be an analogous
$<TEST_PROPERTY:TST,PROP> I can use to obtain SKIP_RETURN_CODE from the current
test properties.

Steps to Reproduce:
Use add_test to invoke a COMMAND (echo, say) to which you try to pass the value
of SKIP_RETURN_CODE to the echo command. As of 3.3.2, there is no way that I can
find to do this.

Issue History
Date Modified    Username       Field                    Change