[cmake-developers] Antwort: Re: Specifying a VS installation path explicitly

Johannes Asal Johannes.Asal at sick.de
Tue Oct 27 12:50:05 EDT 2015

Sorry, I think my question wasn't clear enough. I was actually asking for
the environment variable dependencies. I already found the place where the
registry keys regarding VS are retrieved, but either the read routines for
retrieving the registry keys depend on some environment variables or CMake
is reading them itself which causes it to fail when running with empty
environment. So let me rephrase the question like this: Are there
hardcoded environment variable dependencies in CMake's source code that
you are aware of or is all of the VS compiler identification logic
implemented in the .cmake module files? In the latter case I could just
work around my issue by patching these files. Otherwise I'd be out of
luck.
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Johannes Asal
Entwicklungsingenieur Software | Identification & Measuring
Research & Development

SICK AG | Nimburger Str. 11 | 79276 Reute | Germany
Phone  +49 7641 469-1460 | Fax  | mailto:Johannes.Asal at sick.de | http://www.sick.de

SICK AG  |  Sitz: Waldkirch i. Br.  |  Handelsregister: Freiburg i. Br. HRB
280355
Vorstand: Dr. Robert Bauer (Vorsitzender)  |  Reinhard Bösl  |  Dr. Mats
Gökstorp  |  Dr. Martin Krämer  |  Markus Vatter
Aufsichtsrat: Gisela Sick (Ehrenvorsitzende)  |  Klaus M. Bukenberger
(Vorsitzender)