[cmake-developers] Filesystem timestamp checks

Ruslan Baratov ruslan_baratov at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 20 15:53:42 EDT 2015

On 20-Oct-15 21:42, Ben Boeckel wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 20, 2015 at 04:56:47 +0600, Ruslan Baratov via cmake-developers wrote:
>> * I don't want to patch every script. To be precise I prefer to "Fix
>> something in one place so it works 100% and forget about it" then "Every
>> time I start creating script I should remember that..."
> The "one place" would be make and (probably) ninja, not CMake as your
> example indicates.
It's not a make or ninja issue. It's combination of "bad" date
resolution, fast changing of file and performance of native build tool.
I can't reproduce scenario with source change on NTFS with Visual Studio
generator, probably because Visual Studio is slow enough and play the
role of "sleeping-guard". However I can reproduce same test on FAT32.
And I've said already I can reproduce it on HFS with Xcode generator.

Cheers, Ruslo