[cmake-developers] ITK NIfTI broken Oct 6

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Mon Oct 12 14:23:05 EDT 2015

On 10/12/2015 01:48 PM, Stephen Kelly wrote:
> This command has been documented as deprecated for a long time.
>
> I notice this command is not covered by a policy.

Back when 3.0 deprecated a swath of old commands with policies
we decided that subdirs() was too widely used to warn about
(along with so many of the other commands that got policies).
With that batch over we could reconsider.  OTOH we still
generate subdirs() commands in CTestTestfile.cmake files for
"ctest" to use, though CTest re-implements the command itself
IIRC.

>  Subdirs: Initialize from parent before configuring.
>  https://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=7dac31b2

Great, thanks.

Doesn't that mean that subdirs()-specified directories now
InitializeFromParent twice?