[cmake-developers] Moving from Module to Target-based linking

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Thu Oct 8 11:23:30 EDT 2015

On 10/08/2015 08:58 AM, Ryan Pavlik wrote:
> Happy to learn the correct way to make an imported target for a found
> framework if someone cares to enlighten :)

There is an example in FindGLUT.  Ideally find_library should be taught
to find the "foo.framework/foo" file instead of the "foo.framework"
directory but that will require a policy and some other changes to
accomplish.

> On Wed, Oct 7, 2015, 3:04 AM Daniel Wirtz wrote:
>> is there any development going on towards providing FindXXX.cmake
>> wrapper modules that "convert" MODULE-mode results into CONFIG style
>> imported targets to consume?

We'd like to head in that direction but there is no plan for a dedicated
sweep through all modules by upstream devs.  We're depending on users
to contribute conversions for the modules they need.