[cmake-developers] CMake 3.4 feature freeze on 2015-10-01

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Thu Oct 1 12:54:42 EDT 2015

On 09/09/2015 11:06 AM, Brad King wrote:
> The feature freeze in 'master' for CMake 3.4 will be on Oct 1, 2015.
> I will announce a freeze in 'next' sometime in the preceding week so
> that we can get any remaining dashboard trouble cleaned up.

In order to get 'master' ready to branch for 3.4, 'next' is now frozen
to new features.  We're still working through some dashboard cleanup
that may take another few days.  After 3.4 is branched I'll announce
when post-3.4 development in 'next' is open.

Meanwhile the following types of changes are still welcome in 'next':

* Documentation updates
* Regression fixes
* Fixes for bugs in features new to 3.4