[cmake-developers] FW: FW: Initial Attempt at Green Hill MULTI IDE Generator Support

Geoffrey Viola Geoffrey.Viola at asirobots.com
Thu Mar 19 09:57:11 EDT 2015

> I just noticed that in some of the new C++ sources you copied the copyright block from other files but forgot to change the notice lines to refer to yourself or your employer.  Certainly the current lines do not refer to the author of the content ;)

Sorry about that. I updated them.

> Good start.  Please adjust the section header underlines to match the length of the title text.

Formatted

> Also, the new variable/GHS-MULTI document needs to be added to the toctree in 'Help/manual/cmake-variables.7.rst'.

Added

> This time I actually tried building the sources.  Some of the classes prefix their inline method definitions:
>
> cmGlobalGhsMultiGenerator::GetGhsBuildCommand
>
> This is not necessary when it is inside the class, and some compilers do not like it.

Fixed. That was a copy and paste error. It probably didn't compile in GCC.

> Also the new lines you added to Source/cmake.cxx need to be made conditional on the platform.  The CMakeLists.txt file already contains the proper platform conditions, so use of the new generator must match.

I moved it under
#if defined(_WIN32) && !defined(__CYGWIN__)
# if !defined(CMAKE_BOOT_MINGW)

>> I'm not quite sure why my FindModulesExecuteAll test fails.
>> Seems like boost installation issue, but it isn't an issue in my
>> nighlty test
>
>Whether boost is found may depend on the environment, and your nightly test wipes out PATH.

It turns out that I upgraded boost without clearing the test's cache. My experimental test does not do a clean build because I'm trying to make it faster. Here's a link to the results: https://open.cdash.org/buildSummary.php?buildid=3735698.

Geoffrey Viola
SOFTWARE ENGINEER
asirobots.com

On 03/16/2015 02:03 AM, Geoffrey Viola wrote:
> Done

Thanks for the updates.

I just noticed that in some of the new C++ sources you copied the copyright block from other files but forgot to change the notice lines to refer to yourself or your employer.  Certainly the current lines do not refer to the author of the content ;)

> Added some documentation.

Good start.  Please adjust the section header underlines to match the length of the title text.  Also, the new variable/GHS-MULTI document needs to be added to the toctree in 'Help/manual/cmake-variables.7.rst'.

This time I actually tried building the sources.  Some of the classes prefix their inline method definitions:

 cmGlobalGhsMultiGenerator::GetGhsBuildCommand

This is not necessary when it is inside the class, and some compilers do not like it.

Also the new lines you added to Source/cmake.cxx need to be made conditional on the platform.  The CMakeLists.txt file already contains the proper platform conditions, so use of the new generator must match.

> I'm not quite sure why my FindModulesExecuteAll test fails.
> Seems like boost installation issue, but it isn't an issue in my
> nighlty test

Whether boost is found may depend on the environment, and your nightly test wipes out PATH.

This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the recipient. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. Finally, the recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.