[cmake-developers] C# support?

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Tue Jun 30 09:49:12 EDT 2015

On 06/30/2015 03:21 AM, Stuermer, Michael SP/HZA-ZSEP wrote:
> it would be great if some people could step forward once
> everything is running from my side to help get makefile and linux
> support (and test other Visual Studio versions).

Once you have it working in VS 2013 the other VS >= 2010 versions
should be easy.  I'm not sure about other generators yet.  If you
have good coverage in the test suite updates then that will make
the task of adding support to other generators easier.

For now you can have CMakeDetermineCSharpCompiler do a
message(FATAL_ERROR) when CMAKE_GENERATOR is set to a value that
is not supported.  That can be lifted when the other generators
implement the language.

> About enable_language():
>
> have the appropriate cmake-scripts in "Module" directory
[snip]
> Almost everything relevant goes in the target generator class
> VisualStudio10TargetGenerator.

Great!

> Once done, do you want patchfiles here on the list or a pull
> request from my fork on github?

Please send patch files here as requested in CONTRIBUTING.rst.
Please re-organize commits into a logical series of updates
rather than the original unorganized development history.

Thanks!