[cmake-developers] Add command line options for deprecation message control

Michael Scott michael.scott250 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 15:56:03 EDT 2015

Hi Brad,

Apologies for taking a little while with this. I've addressed those
points and added all the tests I think are appropriate for this, however
when I run one of them it fails because stderr is not as expected, but
the actual and expected values are identical. Why would this happen?

Test I'm running:

/run_cmake_command(W_bad-arg1 ${CMAKE_COMMAND} -W)/

Output from running the test:

/  W_bad-arg1 - FAILED://
//
//  stderr does not match that expected.//
//
//  Command was://
//
//   command> "/home/mike/Documents/cmake/src/cmake/bin/cmake" "-W"//
//
//  Actual stdout://
//
//   actual-out> //
//
//  Expected stderr to match://
//
//   expect-err> CMake Error: -W must be followed with
[no-][error=]<name>.//
//   expect-err> CMake Error: Problem processing arguments. Aborting.//
//
//  Actual stderr://
//
//   actual-err> CMake Error: -W must be followed with
[no-][error=]<name>.//
//   actual-err> CMake Error: Problem processing arguments. Aborting./

Cheers,
Michael