[cmake-developers] Startup Project Configuration [mantis 15578]

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Tue Jun 2 12:45:57 EDT 2015

On 06/01/2015 07:35 PM, Davy Durham wrote:
> My plan is for it to simply pull a directory property called,
> "VS_STARTUP_PROJECT".  However, I don't see how to access directory
> properties from cmGlobalVisualStudioGenerator.  They seem to be
> available from a cmLocalGenerator but not cmGlobalGenerator.

The WriteSLNFile method takes a "root" cmLocalGenerator.
You can call root->GetMakefile()->GetProperty("...") to get
the property for the solution file rooted at that directory.
It looks like some of the code paths may already thread the
"root" down to where you need it.  Otherwise you'll have to
add it to some method signatures.