[cmake-developers] [FindPostgreSQL.cmake] Add support for PostgreSQL 9.3 and 9.4 on Debian/Ubuntu

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Mon Jun 1 11:04:19 EDT 2015

On 05/30/2015 09:27 AM, Tamar Kranenburg wrote:
> Attached is my second attempt to add support for PostgreSQL 9.3 and 9.4
> on Debian/Ubuntu.

Thanks.  Although we currently have a freeze in place in preparation
for 3.3, this can be considered an environmental regression due to
the availability of new versions of the package.  I've split your
patch up into a few commits and revised it slightly:

 FindPostgreSQL: Remove unused lines
 http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=b7ca6f90

 FindPostgreSQL: Remove extra whitespace after command open parens
 http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=6a2851a1

 FindPostgreSQL: Search for versions 9.2, 9.3, and 9.4
 http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=cc3aee04

 FindPostgreSQL: Document PostgreSQL_LIBRARY_DIRS result variable
 http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=a68e9b7c

 FindPostgreSQL: Add help text for PostgreSQL_LIBRARY cache entry
 http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=8bd95059

 FindPostgreSQL: Search some more common packaging locations
 http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=d4fd30d8

Please verify that it still works as of commit d4fd30d8.