[cmake-developers] [patch] FindBoost: Mark Boost_LIBRARY_DIR_[RELEASE, DEBUG] cache entries as advanced

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Mon Jun 1 10:15:35 EDT 2015

On 05/30/2015 09:50 AM, Sylvain Joubert wrote:
> The recent development to support different LIBRARY_DIR for Boost have
> made the new cache entries appear in the default cache.

For reference, this was here:

 FindBoost: Search for debug and release libraries separately
 http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=892b854f

> I have searched in the code history of the FindBoost.cmake file to find
> why the old Boost_LIBRARY_DIR was "marked" as advanced while the new
> ones do not, ... and I failed.
> Especially, I couldn't find any mark_as_advanced(Boost_LIBRARY_DIR) that
> was not reported to the new variables

It was handled with an explicit set_property for each CACHE entry's
ADVANCED property:

 http://www.cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=blob;f=Modules/FindBoost.cmake;hb=v3.2.2#l1198

Fixed:

 FindBoost: Fix Boost_LIBRARY_DIR_{RELEASE,DEBUG} cache entry configuration
 http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=b3df1e9f