[cmake-developers] Listing all targets (was: Wrapping functions in CMake)

Ben Boeckel ben.boeckel at kitware.com
Fri Jul 17 14:55:36 EDT 2015

On Fri, Jul 17, 2015 at 14:16:34 -0400, David Cole wrote:
> get_cmake_property is more like "strictly well-pre-defined, read only
> (ish), built-into CMake" properties. Note there is no
> set_cmake_property... What docs are you looking at that you think have
> a bug...?

Help/command/get_cmake_property:

    get_cmake_property
    ------------------

    Get a property of the CMake instance.

    ::

      get_cmake_property(VAR property)

      Get a property from the CMake instance.  The value of the property is
      stored in the variable VAR.  If the property is not found, VAR will be
      set to "NOTFOUND".  Some supported properties include: VARIABLES,
      CACHE_VARIABLES, COMMANDS, MACROS, and COMPONENTS.

      See also the more general get_property() command.

`get_property` has no way (that I see) to ask for the same properties.
The whole command docs could use a revamp too (while TARGETS is being
implemented to avoid conflicts?).

--Ben