[cmake-developers] Adding Swift support to CMake

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Wed Jul 15 10:35:50 EDT 2015

On 07/15/2015 06:16 AM, Eric Wing wrote:
> I just tried out the July 15th nightly build and it looks like it is
> working (Xcode generator). I got a little fancy and did an intermixed
> C/Swift test. I have a simple SDL (C) based program with Swift
> bindings and I'm able to build/run it and step the Xcode debugger
> through the Swift parts.

Great, thanks for testing.

> So is the next step the Makefile generator?

The Makefile and Ninja generators should be done together.  I recently
refactored things to help them share more infrastructure.  The hard part
is figuring out what command lines actually need to be invoked.  There
is no documentation from Apple for this AFAIK so someone will have to
figure it out based on what Xcode does.

I have no time to work on any of this myself.  My goal with getting it
working in Xcode was just to do the minimum needed to get the basic
language module infrastructure in place within CMake.  Others will have
to take over from there.