[cmake-developers] Adding Swift support to CMake

Eric Wing ewmailing at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 06:16:08 EDT 2015

On 7/7/15, Brad King <brad.king at kitware.com> wrote:
> On 07/02/2015 07:54 PM, Eric Wing wrote:
>> Thank you Brad. When you are ready, let me know how I can help next.
>
> I have basic support with the Xcode generator done.
>
> Please try out this commit:
>
>  Add rudimentary support for the Apple Swift language with Xcode
>  http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=bf112531
>
> Thanks,
> -Brad

Hi Brad,
I just tried out the July 15th nightly build and it looks like it is
working (Xcode generator). I got a little fancy and did an intermixed
C/Swift test. I have a simple SDL (C) based program with Swift
bindings and I'm able to build/run it and step the Xcode debugger
through the Swift parts.

Cosmetically, the Swift files are not being grouped with the other
C/Obj-C files in the "Source Files" group. But that is a pretty minor
thing. (There are other things more important to me I would like to
see fixed in the Xcode generator first :))

So is the next step the Makefile generator?

Thanks,
Eric