[cmake-developers] Fortran module dependencies and preprocessing in CMake 3.3.0-rc3

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Thu Jul 2 09:30:58 EDT 2015

On 07/02/2015 04:14 AM, Radovan Bast wrote:
> We have observed a changed and surprising behavior in CMake 3.3.0-rc3
> with Fortran module dependency scanning and preprocessing compared to
> earlier CMake versions (for instance 3.2.3).

I don't recall any changes related to this since 3.2.  I also cannot
reproduce the problem with the example you provided.

> It seems that Fortran dependencies are scanned prior to pre-processing.

CMake does its own approximate preprocessing for dependency scanning.
This hasn't changed in a long time.

Can you please provide a more complete example to reproduce this?
Or, if you can consistently reproduce it locally please try bisecting
our Git history between 3.2 and 3.3 to see if you can find the commit
that introduced the problem.