[cmake-developers] Clarify on the ways to contribute

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Fri Dec 11 08:35:28 EST 2015

On 12/11/2015 04:33 AM, Sebastian Schuberth wrote:
> while [1] clearly says that "The preferred entry point for new
> contributors is the mailing list", obviously also PRs at GitHub are
> merged [2]. Also, internally Kitware seems to use Gerrit [3], which
> for me would be the preferred place to submit and review patches.

The mailing list is still the preferred method, but GitHub does not
allow us to turn off PRs so we accept them for one-off simple changes.
For larger changes we usually close the PR with a request to come here.

The review.source.kitware.com site is used for some projects but is
not suitable for CMake development due to lack of topic-level reviews.

For now anyone taking the time to find and read CONTRIBUTING.rst should
contribute through this mailing list as it requests.