[cmake-developers] Clarify on the ways to contribute

Sebastian Schuberth sschuberth at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 04:33:51 EST 2015

Hi,

while [1] clearly says that "The preferred entry point for new
contributors is the mailing list", obviously also PRs at GitHub are
merged [2]. Also, internally Kitware seems to use Gerrit [3], which
for me would be the preferred place to submit and review patches.

Could you please update [1] with all possible ways to contribute, and
esp. mention whether GitHub PRs are now equally well accepted as posts
on the mailing list?

Thanks!

PS: Please always email me directly as I chose to not receive mailing
list posts.

[1] https://github.com/Kitware/CMake/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.rst
[2] https://github.com/Kitware/CMake/pulls?q=is%3Apr+is%3Aclosed
[3] http://review.source.kitware.com/