[cmake-developers] generator expression for path slash conversion (was: ExternalProject: Use native paths as substitute for directory tokens)

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Mon Aug 31 15:33:25 EDT 2015

On 08/31/2015 09:35 AM, Kislinskiy, Stefan wrote:
> As there is already a patch for such a genex in bug 15509 and the
> discussion in 5939 (both linked below in Brad's reply) started 7
> years ago... It would be a great pity to let this issue seep away
> again. What can I do to help fixing this finally?

Someone will need to think through and propose a specific genex that
does the path conversion that makes sense in this context.  I think
something like $<TO_SHELL_PATH:...> may be appropriate.

For referencing command line tools (as argv[0]) the C++ side uses
code like this now:

 this->ConvertToOutputFormat(ccg.GetCommand(i), SHELL)

This genex should map to the same conversion internally.