[cmake-developers] Extracting target metadata, IDE integration

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Sat Sep 20 09:43:54 EDT 2014

Brad King wrote:

> I'd really like to hear from others on the file format itself.
>
> * There needs to be support for multi-config generators.

This presumable affects the "directory" and "location".

I wonder what the usefulness of putting "exportName" in the file is? Is it
possible there is confusion with OUTPUT_NAME? Or do you want some richer
information if an IDE opens a file in the build dir generated by export()?

Does this generated file enable use-cases like 'Add new file to target' or
is that already easy? Or what kind of features are enabled by this?