[cmake-developers] What is necessary for including fixes from current development branch to official release

Nils Gladitz nilsgladitz at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 09:34:28 EDT 2014

On 09/19/2014 03:19 PM, Richard Shaw wrote:
> I'd like to hear others opinions, but what I've done is once one of my
> patches is accepted, as long as it applies cleanly to the current release
> (and since all I mess with are modules that's usually the case) then I just
> email the Fedora package maintainer and he applies it within Fedora.
>
> You didn't mention if you were on Linux or Windows but if you're running a
> Linux distro you could probably do the same.

I personally rather dislike that distributions introduce behavior
changes since it might result in your project not only depending on a
specific version of CMake but also a specific variant as introduced by
the distribution you are working on.

It also results in people submitting issues with vanilla CMake which
might be specific to distribution patches (e.g. [1]).

Nils

[1] http://www.cmake.org/Bug/view.php?id=10692