[cmake-developers] Gold standard find module?

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 11:38:44 EDT 2014

On Wed, Sep 10, 2014 at 7:18 AM, David Cole <dlrdave at aol.com> wrote:

> > In this case just the one. I'm not that ambitious as I'm just
> > volunteering my time to various FOSS projects and still have to
> > maintain a day job to pay the bills!
>
> In that case, I would recommend just getting it into shape so that it
> works best for you. (But then, that's the way we've ended up with so
> many ways of doing things in the find modules we do have....) As you
> submit changes for review, though, hopefully the reviewers will catch
> anything that is not recommended and ask you to revise it before
> pushing it into 'master'.

That's kinda what I was thinking as well but some of the problem I'm trying
to fix are requiring some significant changes that looking at a simple diff
may not really be helpful...

> I think asking specific questions when you have something you're not
> sure of is better than trying to identify a gold standard find module
> on which to model your contributions.

I'm sure I'll still have plenty of questions, I was just hoping to have a
really good example to go by to catch the easy stuff.

Although, thinking about it now I haven't found a whole lot in my googling
so perhaps the discussions here we help other future CMake users/developers.

Thanks,
Richard