[cmake-developers] Gold standard find module?

David Cole dlrdave at aol.com
Wed Sep 10 08:18:54 EDT 2014

> In this case just the one. I'm not that ambitious as I'm just
> volunteering my time to various FOSS projects and still have to
> maintain a day job to pay the bills!

:-)

In that case, I would recommend just getting it into shape so that it
works best for you. (But then, that's the way we've ended up with so
many ways of doing things in the find modules we do have....) As you
submit changes for review, though, hopefully the reviewers will catch
anything that is not recommended and ask you to revise it before
pushing it into 'master'.

I think asking specific questions when you have something you're not
sure of is better than trying to identify a gold standard find module
on which to model your contributions.

HTH,
David C.