[cmake-developers] fix-OSX-bundle-rpaths-and-Qt5 topic

Adam Strzelecki ono at java.pl
Tue Oct 14 05:32:50 EDT 2014

> As the person who wrote what Qt ships, I can say that it won't be 'complete'
> sooner or later unless someone with enough interest communicates/contributes
> what is missing. I don't have the requisite mac experience.

Sure, I believe someone will sooner or later submit patches to Qt.

> I also think there might be a generic solution (or partial solution) to
> implement in CMake first (an interface for determining the package
> dependencies perhaps, etc).

CMake has everything necessary there install(...) & fixup_bundle(...).

> What makes this a Qt issue instead of a generic issue?

$ git show 9b98fd52

install_qt5_plugin writing qt.conf and launching fixup_bundle should be part of Qt5 CMake support not part of app specific CMakeLists.txt (in this case CMake.app), e.g. single function install_qt5_bundle that does it all, selects default platform plugins and it is clearly documented somewhere.

Also on Qt SDK side there are couple of things to be done: QTBUG-14150 QTBUG-31814

--Adam