[cmake-developers] fix-OSX-bundle-rpaths-and-Qt5 topic

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Wed Oct 8 11:17:03 EDT 2014

On 10/08/2014 11:05 AM, clinton at elemtech.com wrote:
> I pushed more fixes for this.  Instead of requiring 10.6,
> I took the other path of warning when rpaths need changed
> at install time and skip it.
> This should also fix the CMP0042 test which started failing.

Thanks.  The message is currently:

> +      msg << "WARNING: Target \"" << this->Target->GetName()
> +        << "\" has runtime paths which cannot be changed during install.  "
> +        << "To change runtime paths, OS X version 10.6 or newer is required.  "
> +        << "Therefore, runtime paths will not be changed when installing.";
> +      cmSystemTools::Message(msg.str().c_str(), "Warning");

Can that be changed to an IssueMessage, possibly on a cmMakefile
for at least a little context?  Also it should suggest using
CMAKE_BUILD_WITH_INSTALL_RPATH.

> By the way, Brad, your change to require 10.6 for the
> BundleUtilities test is no longer required on the rpath-osx-10_6 topic.

I thought it was a missing piece of your original change.
Since you've reverted that I've now reverted mine so we'll
see how testing goes.

> However, it may still be required for the fix-OSX-bundle-rpaths-and-Qt5 topic.

I rebased rpath-osx-10_6 on fix-OSX-bundle-rpaths-and-Qt5 to
make local testing of both together easier.  Please base the
above-requested fixes on:

 OSX: Warn when attempting to change runtime paths on OS X 10.5
 http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=a6e58f55